Saturday, December 5, 2009

You; God's Blueprint


One of the most profound lyrics I heard this week; came in the voice of Steve Arrington- (Nobody can be you, but you). In the song, the writer coined the hook with such revelation, I had no other choice but to write my personal sentiments, in hopes that a heart might become enlightened or strengthened.

The song itself was one of my all time favorites back in the day, but better still because, I'm a firm believer in; "staying real, being who you are, take off the mask," kinda rhetoric. When I try and become what people want to be, or a trendy persona which will fade out, or who I assume a person wants me to be; I fail miserably. God designed me from specified blueprints, which entail my name and my journey. I can not travel your road, nor abide within your blueprint, nor you mine.

We all have a divine purpose; as to evolve into God's purposed believer. When we adjust our blueprint, or try and renovate without God's divine will, we manipulate our journey. It's like running a marathon and having a friend pick you up, so you can get to the finish line before every other participant. Or better still, changing running shoes, which may not be regulation running shoes, and etc.

The point stands to reason; are you who God intended you to evolve into? Or better still, are you trying to become what you suppose your significant other will appreciate or a friend will chill with? Your course at this point; is under construction. We wonder around aimlessly trying to find purpose in our lives. We try running buddies, new concepts, new loves, and nothing quite satisfies our race, until we finally resort to running our own course, as God designed it. The book of 1 Corinthians and Hebrews speak on this wise; (1 Co. 9:24) we run to obtain a prize, but yet still in another place, (Heb. 12:1) he spoke of laying aside every weight which so easily beset us.

We run spiritual races, we run career races, family races, etc., but until we come back to the original course (or track) which God designed we will prolong the journey of reaching divine success.

I've pondered my race, and I've set out to regain God's course. I am who I am; no one can change it.
Find your course in life; and run it. Pace yourself; forsake the anxious spirit. No one can run my race for me, and until I learn the above principles; I will never be chosen as a relay runner.

Then and only then can we successfully pursue our separate journey's. God has provided us "help mates," but, there still stands the question of; " how can two walk together accept they agree".....but that's another subject.

Stay blessed,
Ty May (Precious)

No comments:

Post a Comment